LA is weird. On Thursday, I walked to a mall but couldn’t get in because, for the length of an entire city block, there was no pedestrian entrance. The side of the mall facing the street was reserved for deliveries. The only public entrance was in the back…next to the parking garage. In case any of you are unaware, nobody walks anywhere in LA. It appears that things are intentionally made more difficult for those who choose to not own a car.
On my way to the Post Office yesterday, which was a 2-mile walk, I stopped to observe the Los Angeles River. The LA River is another enigma to me which one would only be able to find in a town as strange as this one. The river is essentially a man-made concrete channel whose sole purpose is flood control. This means that, for most of the year, it is only occupied with a trickle of water flowing down the center. The river caught my attention because it was unusually turbulent due to a recent streak of rain. As I was standing there, I heard a splash to my immediate right..bird shit! Yup, it was close. Then another a foot closer. I quickly ducked out of the way as if being attacked by rapid air fire. I looked up to find that there were two birds sitting on the electrical wire above, clearly conspiring to defecate on my head. I mean come on. Under any other circumstances, do two birds really coordinate their poop schedules?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home