This evening was our first actual yoga class. It was nice because we’ve been doing a whole lot of listening for the past two days and I’ve been pretty antsy to take a class. I mean it has been four days since my last class in New York. That’s the longest hiatus that I’ve taken in months. I was a bit late getting back into the studio after our break, so I didn’t have much selection from which to choose a good position in the room. I ended up directly under a heat duct, which wasn’t so unbearable (thanks to the notoriously hot Lower East Side Studio.) The thing that killed me was that my water was so hot that it felt as if I was drinking hot tea. For those of you who don’t know…your water is your only solace while in the class and when your body temperature is so high, no one in their right mind would want to drink tea.
Bikram is a character. I’m going to try to keep a somewhat comprehensive collection of Bikramisms. Today he was encouraging to concentrate on the practice and to avoid getting involved in any relationships. So, he says: “No touchie, touchie; no huggie, huggie; no kissy, kissy; no fucky, fucky." I kid you not.
I have my official mailing address which you can find in the last blog posting under ‘Housing.’
3650 Barham Blvd Apt T318
Los Angeles, California 90068


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home