The yoga classes taught by Bikram himself are pretty intense. Last night, I made phone calls to a few friends asking them to come pick me up and take me to the airport. I wasn’t completely serious but, at the time, I didn’t see any way that I could continue. Several people had to be removed from the room for medical attention and my roommate spent the night in the hospital. Thankfully, Bikram’s wife taught this morning’s class which was much better.
When Bikram first walked into the room on Sunday, in front of all 225 of us, he unbuttoned his pants and pulled out the tag to prove to us that he could still fit into the pants that he bought in Bombay in 1975. Then there’s Emmy. Apparently nobody knows her actual age, but the word on the street is that she’s 88 years old. She was one of Bikram’s first students after he came to this country and she is still teaching his class to this day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home