Bikram

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Memorial Day. What did you do for the holiday? I was stuck in the Bikram studio the whole time. See, Bikram doesn’t believe in holidays. He feels that the privilege of learning his yoga is a holiday in itself.
My weekend bicycle excursion certainly did wonders for my yoga practice this morning. I could barely move. I feel as though I took several large steps backward in my practice. On the other hand, I delivered the dialogue for two postures today, so I am ahead of the game in that category. I’ve only got one more left. Once we finish that, the only things we have left are lectures and mock classes. Those will be a lot easier and less stressful than memorization and posture clinics.
Today, Fred (aka, Frenchie…because he’s a visiting teacher from Paris) told me that he is going to miss all of my wacky T-shirts. He also told me that he would love to take my class someday. I’m going to miss him; he’s been good to me. At this point we’re all sort of getting a little sad at the prospect of leaving each other. But don’t get me wrong; I can’t WAIT to be home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sailor. If Vinyasa and Bikram got in a fight, who would win?

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home