Bikram

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I didn’t get as much studying done this weekend as I was hoping. Thinking about memorizing the upcoming postures is intimidating, but I'm trying my best to "trust the process" as everyone says. I just wish that I had the luxury of having 4 hours to learn each posture (because that's how long it takes me to feel comfortable with the memorization.) Unfortunately, we don't have nearly that much time during the week.
We were dismissed four hours early on Friday, which was a dream come true. No...literally. In the van on Friday morning, I was saying that I really wished that they would give us a random day off. Granted, four hours is hardly a full day, but we were still appreciative. I went and had a Cinco de Mayo dinner with Dave, Clay, and Kristen. The time off was nice (although I probably should have been studying.)
I had a minor accident while riding my bike today, which I think is going to make the balancing series quite a bit more painful than before. I was wearing flip-flops (I know...I know) and my foot slipped off the pedal. All of my body weight briefly landed onto the tip of my toe while the LA pavement was still speeding along beneath me. The end result is a huge flap of skin hinging from the front of my toe. I guess I'm just lucky that my nail did not get left behind. We'll see how tomorrow's Utkatasana feels. But the afternoon ended in quite an elaborate BBQ with Clay, Dave, Brian, Jessica, and Kristen so that was nice.
I think things are going well with classes though. The only stressful part is that I really never know if I'm going to have a good class or have a wailing brain for the entire ninety minutes. My roommate is having a tough time and has had to leave the room on several occasions. I'm just hoping the best for everyone because I would never want to be in that position.
…I’ve got to get back to studying anatomy. My last anatomy test is tomorrow morning. The head bone’s connected to the neck bone, right Brian Pike?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...now that you know anatomy, I can stop physically showing you, right?

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home