The first week was extremely difficult. It was filled with lots of cramping and ended with quite a bit of nausea. Then the second week was great. Without fail I had exclusively amazing classes. I always felt strong during class and walked away feeling refreshed and full of energy. This past week was sort of a mixed bag. We started off Monday morning with an instructor who was so sweet and really led an engaging class. Then, during Monday evening's class, the instructor corrected one of my postures which only left me more confused about the right way to do it. I was achy on Tuesday, which made one of the postures almost impossible but by the evening class, it was much better. Wedensday's evening class was difficult but the strange thing is that I was ice cold almost to the point of shivering. It was a very strange sensation and it left me in a pretty bad place for all of Thursday (which sucks because it was my birthday.) Everyone was worried about me because I apparently didn't look too well. On Friday afternoon, we had a meditation session and lecture with a guest Yogi named Amrit Desai who developed the Amrit Method of Yoga Nidra which is based on relaxation and meditation…very different than Bikram’s yoga. The meditation session seemed to help make the Friday evening class pretty amazing. I had a couple of breakthroughs. Then we had Juan for the first time on Saturday morning. It was tough, but I loved it. Juan is one of the more notoriously aggressive instructors.
It’s Sunday night and I’m preparing for the week ahead. My brain is full of lots of information that I have to try to retain through tomorrow night (at the VERY least.) Studying the dialogue makes me want to die, but at least it's making me discover all sorts of procrastination techniques of which I was previously unaware. We have our first anatomy test tomorrow, so I spent all weekend studying that in addition to the dialogue for the next two postures. My cramping has cleared up except for a couple of instances last week when my hand seemed to be stuck in a claw position after coming out of one of the postures.


1 Comments:
I'm just so proud of you. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home