Week eight: finished! We had two hospital visits this week. The one this morning was simply a girl who fell off of her bicycle in the parking lot who needed to get lots of stitches. However, Wednesday’s incident was a bit more sever (and yoga-related.) John Salvatore, who’s an instructor in New York who was visiting to help out with training, had to be taken out of the room on a stretcher. He’s a dancer who is currently on a hiatus from the National Tour of Hairspray due to a recent double hip replacement. So, Johnny is getting into a posture during his second class of the day and yup…his new hip came out of the socket. I heard the pop as he fell to the floor and I can still hear his screams of pain echoing in my head. The whole situation was awful. This incident brings our total hospital count to five (in only eight weeks – wow.)
I had a rollercoaster of a week. Monday was awful because of my excessive bicycle activity over the weekend. Tuesday was better, but Thursday morning was bad, bad, bad. I could barely move after class because my energy was completely drained from my body. It wasn’t until after class that I realized that I somehow forgot to take my daily electrolyte supplement and banana. (Does one “take” a banana? I don’t know.) The big problem with having a physically and emotionally difficult class is that the next class (which is usually only about four hours later,) is completely intimidating. One never knows how they’ll feel until they’re in the room, immersed in the practice.
But I finished up strong today and we had a talent show, which was good times. We also finished with all of the memorization aspects of the training. I believe that will allow us to really have some fun.
ONE WEEK TO GO!!


1 Comments:
Did you perform in th talent show? With your banana, perhaps?
Post a Comment
<< Home