It’s that time of year, right? What time…my birthday? Nope. Tax time. You’d think, since I’m paying someone to do my taxes for me, that it would be less stressful…right? Nope. I prepared all of my paperwork (neatly organized into a handy package) for my accountant a full two months ago. I did most of the work for him. I’ve called him every two weeks to get a progress report. Today is Tax Day and still…he’s not finished. Now I’m filing for an extension. This guy better get me a big, fat return if he expects to get paid.
Yoga life has been a bit stressful lately as well. Last Monday, the Lower East Side owner took my class for the first time in a while. On Wednesday, one of the two NYC studio owners took my class for the very first time. I taught at Park Slope for the first time ever on Saturday (as a last-minute replacement,) and this Wednesday will be my first time to teach at Brooklyn Heights. It’s all very exciting but it keeps me on my toes, to say the least.
More from the world of employment: I think that Trader Joe’s is officially ON. I’m showing up tomorrow for a session of paperwork followed by an orientation. I have no idea what it’s going to be like trying to balance my teaching schedule with that of a part-time Joe. We’ll see how it goes. This is what tomorrow looks like:
5:45am arrive at Flatiron (laundry, mats, heat, etc.)
7am teach class
9am take class
11-2 paperwork session @ Trader Joe's
3-5 orientation @ Trader Joe's
6:45pm teach @ Hoboken
8:15pm teach AGAIN @ Hoboken
Don’t forget to pick up your free cone tomorrow for Ben and Jerry’s Annual Free Cone Day. It has fallen on my birthday for the past two years but it’s commin’ a bit early this year.
Yesterday was the big day for 300 aspiring Bikram Yoga instructors. Orientation for the Spring 2007 Teacher Training!


4 Comments:
What exactly are we doing for your birthday?!
Would you like another avocado?
There's a fancy/yummy vegan restaurant uptown that I would love to take you too...
You are so busy too. How do we do it?
When your birthday is?!?!
Pah. I hate tax time. The past couple of years it has been easy, but still. Next year, use my friend that I work with at H&R Block - she's great and got everything back to me in about 12 days!
ewww taxes. Well, I hope you get nice big fat hard return. Hard? Eh, it needed to be said.
Stressssful life = fulfilling? I have no idea.
I can't wait to buy some spicy hot sauce or something from you my favorite Joe (not john?).
Your birthday and the closing of C9 is going to make for a lovely weekend!!!!!!! I wish we could attempt to have brunch at that place that is impossible to have brunch for your birthday...but I don't think it fits into your CRAZY schedule. Mannn. I'm going to make you some satin tacos.
how is work?
Post a Comment
<< Home