I think I might be doomed to have chronic bad luck for the rest of my life. OK, so getting this apartment is probably one of the most amazing things that's ever happened, but if I'm going to have bad luck forever it might start to get a bit draining. Yesterday, when leaving for my yoga class at the Crofton studio, I allotted my usual 15 additional minutes to the commute for unexpected delays. It turned out that fifteen minutes did not even come close to covering the delays that I encountered. There was a huge accident which attracted not only several emergency vehicles, but also two helicopters. All four lanes of the beltway were closed. Traffic was being redirected and even the detours were bumper-to-bumper. After maneuvering some skillful improvisations, I was able to make it to the studio with only five minutes before class was to start. Keep in mind that I'm supposed to be there at least thirty minutes prior to class in order to greet and sign-in the students. I was lucky that the studio owner showed up to take the class and was able to squeeze everyone in fifteen minutes prior to class.
I thought yesterday's episode was bad. Well, today I left the headlights on in the truck which completely drained the battery. But I suppose the interpretation of this one depends on your perspective. I suppose I was lucky that I noticed the problem a few hours before I had to teach. This gave me time to go to drive the next neighbor's car up onto the lawn so that I could jump-start the truck and get to class on time.


2 Comments:
Soon you won't have to worry about driving to teach class. Soon.
Ugh, I must say though- your good luck out weighs the bad luck. Chin up happyface!
Post a Comment
<< Home