My second class was not until a week after the first one. Wednesday, June 28th. There was lots of pressure during my first class, a week prior, but this one was off the hook. The owner of the Baltimore studio had come down from New York just to take my class. I had only one other class under my belt, so needless to say, I was nervous because I had the studio owner and both of my bosses right up front listening to every word. The class was about 90 minutes followed immediately by two hours of feedback. It went well though and since then, I’ve taught six additional classes and have two more to go later today. It does seem to get easier with each class though.
I’ve averaged about ten students per class, but at 9:30 this morning I taught 23 students, two of which had never taken class before. Last night I taught one new student and two who had only taken one prior class. New students suck; they require tons of attention and energy.
I’m starting to get to know some of the clientele and I think I’m beginning to fit in down here. I’ve gotten some good feedback from the practitioners and teachers alike. I even heard that people look forward to taking my classes. It’s funny when people ask you when you’ll be teaching next because you’re never sure if the intent their inquiry is to come to your class or to avoid it.
I’ve got to run now because people will begin showing up for my 4pm soon…so long.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home