Bikram

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It was the phone call that I received at 9:46am this morning which changed my life. Well, my life has been changing drastically every single day since November 26th of last year when I walked into the yoga studio determined that I was going to follow some sort of idealistic path to becoming a yoga instructor. Somehow, each and every hair-brained element of my scheme has miraculously fallen into place.
It wasn’t until this morning that the most important, and possibly the most difficult aspect of the plan came into fruition. I think that I actually might have an apartment in New York. I’ll find out more on Friday, but if everything goes as I’m hoping it will, before the end of the year, I will have my very own apartment.
In late August, I abandoned the idea of seeking out a job at Starbucks and Whole Foods. Instead I decided to seek out additional Bikram studios where I could teach. Now I’m teaching at four different studios, teaching roughly fourteen classes per week. Things have been busy; I’ve just taught for nineteen consecutive days and still have to make it through the next two days before I have a day off. Yoga is my life right now and I love it.
It’s actually quite unbelievable how much my life has changed over the course of the past year. But ironically, it all brings me back to the city that I love. I can’t wait to come back and start reestablishing my life in the big city. I can’t thank each of you enough for helping me get through this year. It’s been tumultuous, but I think in the long run, SO well worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger JasonBSchmidt said...

I love you and am thinking good thoughts for you on Friday.

7:18 AM  
Blogger JasonBSchmidt said...

p.s. I tagged you on my blog. I know you're busier than a bee in Spring, but if you catch a moment, tell everyone 9 weird things about yourself, and check out my site to find out 9 weird things about me.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Darla said...

Honey! REALLY?! Oh my goodness. Please keep blogging/emailing me and letting me know what the status is. Is this the low income thingy? I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you right now.

p.s. I find your whole life to be remarkable right now. Do you realize you've become an inspiration?

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home