We spent the day taking class at the hotel today. It was sort of nice to have two yoga classes in regular room temperature. It gave us all a chance to feel what was going on in our bodies without the overwhelming presence of the 110°. But it’s true that we’re all anxious to get back into the studio tomorrow morning. Today was a great gauge as to how much heat that we can generate ourselves without the assistance of a heating element. I was shocked how cold it was in the hallway after I left the room.
Bikram arrived at the hotel around 4:30pm, straight from his meeting with the mayor and the fire commissioner and other various important people. He somehow managed to get permission to have us back in the studio by tomorrow morning…and he was in a GOOD MOOD. He told us that Mind, Body, and Soul are all bullshit if you don’t have Money and Sex. See, most Easterners believe in the Mind-Body-Soul triumvirate, but Bikram believes that you need to achieve all five: Mind, Body, Soul, Money, and Sex.
Either way, I think we all have faith that Bikram will take care of us. After all, he had the studio carpet replaced a week before we arrived because the old one “…smelled like one-hundred donkeys farting at the same time.” I’m not sure exactly what that would smell like but, being from India, perhaps he has a better idea.
I delivered my first piece of memorized verbal instruction today, which went well. Everyone congratulated me afterward. Craig asked me if I had any pirates in my lineage because I was inadvertently filling my mind-lapse stalls with “aaarrrrrrr”’s. Last week, while in Bow Pulling Pose, Bikram called me Skeleton Bow. He told me that it looked like a vulture had come and eaten all of the meat off of my bones and that I was dead meat. Skeletons…pirates: I think there’s a theme going on here. What will be the next metaphor, a parrot?


2 Comments:
Cricket want a cracker? Sounds like it's going well. Glad to hear it.
Last weekend crackers were all that I could eat because I was feeling so naseous. Thankfully, I was able to eat kettle corn at the street fair this past weekend. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have time for street fairs in the upcoming weeks. In addition to memorizing my verbal instruction, I have to start studying my anatomy.
Post a Comment
<< Home