Bikram

Friday, April 28, 2006

So, I turned 27 on this 27th day of April and it will certainly be one that I won’t be forgetting for a long time. How could I forget the birthday that I spent in Bikram’s torture chamber? The important thing for me to remember (even when there is nothing in my mind but doubt,) is that the conclusion of this program will be one of the most intense and fulfilling experiences of my life.
My day started out rough with a difficult class. I was left in a complete daze after leaving the room until one of my friends noticed that I was a bit off-kilter and helped me get some electrolytes into my body. After that, I had my first good class since Wednesday morning’s class. One of my van-mates gave me a birthday TootsiePop and my friend Kathy gave me a birthday smoothie. Right before I recited my verbal instructions for the evening, the instructor had about 50 people sing Happy Birthday to me. I also imagine that Bikram’s wife will do the same for me tomorrow morning with all 225 trainees singing.
I received delivery notice of one package on Wednesday, another today, and a phone call from a florist indicating that a parcel was left for me at the front desk. The problem is that I won’t have any idea what they are or who they are from until Saturday when I’ll have a chance to get to the office.
Thanks for all of the phone calls and emails; I appreciate it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thie is ur star b'day... did u know this?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were so concerned about the packages! What else did ya get? :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home